Architectural Technologist / Architect
Do you thrive on seeing a ‘Build’ come to life? If you are an experienced technologist or technically focused architect looking for a new role, that is both challenging and thought-provoking – then this is the role for you.
The ideal candidate will display a passion for detail, with previous experience of bringing client visions to life. Demonstrating strong design and technical capabilities, you will have experience across all RIBA Stages particularly working at RIBA Stages 4-6, with a focus on both quality, precision and client service.
Perhaps you have worked on commercial projects, and are now looking to apply your technical knowledge to modern, contemporary homes. Maybe you have worked in a larger practice and are looking to take more ownership of projects.
You will demonstrate an ability of taking ownership of a project following planning approvals at stage 3 through to completion, be a team player but equally comfortable working autonomously, using your own initiative to meet customer expectations. With a passion and desire to go the extra mile, you will be key in driving the business forward to a successful future.
At Swain Architecture, we are a small RIBA Chartered Practice. A friendly team, based in Long Eaton, committed to getting the job done in a (fun) supportive and collaborative office environment. Our team continues to expand its knowledge of Architecture, working closely and sharing ideas, whilst striving to be the best we can.
What to expect from the role…
You will be given a robust introduction to the company, our processes and work environment.
You will then work on a range of projects across our exciting portfolio; you will be taking ownership and working on a number of projects that are going into RIBA Stage 4, ranging from bespoke, one-off extensions and new-build houses, to small scale residential developments .
What we are looking for…
- Min 1-2 years’ experience post-qualification / degree level
- A good understanding of UK Building Regs
- Have experience working on RIBA stages 4 onwards, in project delivery & running jobs on site.
- Great attention to detail
- ArchiCAD OR Revit proficiency preferred, but training will be provided
- Driven, motivated and able to take ownership of personal development
- Curious to research and develop solutions to architectural problems
- Can deliver an excellent client experience
- Good team player with a supportive and positive nature
- Full driving licence
What can Swain offer…
- Flexible working hours etc…
- 25 days holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Calendar of CPD activities in line with RIBA requirements
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Professional memberships
- Team socials/activities – Summer/Christmas party
- Company bonus scheme
- Professional development is encouraged and supported.
This position is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis and CVs will be considered for Technically-driven Architects, as well as Architectural Technologists.
In this role you will be working alongside our Architects and Junior team members. You will be focusing on projects from Stage 4 onwards.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV, salary expectations and portfolio (to include examples of stage 4 work) to email@example.com
Closing date: 30th September 2022
You will only be contacted if your application has been successful.
All successful candidates will follow a 2-part interview process.